Petition Allow the health and fitness industry to reopen at the start of January
Closing the health and fitness industry has caused a lot of upset within the island for both the fitness industry and the consumers who use their services.
The Government has a very dated view on what the industry actually does for both physical, and just as importantly, emotional health.
- Transmission in the fitness industry accounts for under 2%
- The industry is part of the solution
- It provides holistic support giving people an ‘escape’
- Mental health services are stretched, regular exercise is proven to improve mental health
- Gyms open in ALL 3 TIERS in the UK
- There’s a petition to support reopen group exercise in the UK
- Ireland has allowed the fitness industry to remain open
- Cleaning regimes, & distancing maintained - makes a safe environment
- Track & trace is naturally in place
At 1,000 signatures...
At 1,000 signatures, Ministers will respond to this petition
At 5,000 signatures...
At 5,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in the States Assembly